2015 Evening Under the Stars Gala – June 12, 2015
We thank all of our guests for joining the Portland-Suzhou Sister City Association in the beautiful Lan Su Chinese Garden for our annual signature fundraising event – the Evening Under the Stars Gala:
- To commemorate 27 years of friendship and cooperation in culture, education and business between the citizens of Portland and Suzhou, China
- To celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Lan Su Chinese Garden, a friendship project between Portland and Suzhou.
There were numerous highlights for the evening including, but not limited to, the keynote remarks by Consul General Luo; the gift presentation to City of Suzhou by Mayor Hales; the group toast and the group pictures to mark this special occasion; and the presentations of the 2015 Leadership Awards and the Newcombe Wang Memorial Scholarship.
We were very much honored by the presence of the many VIP guests including Consul General of PRC Luo Linquan, Portland Mayor Charlie Hales and Mrs. Nancy Hales, Former Mayor Bud Clark, Senate President Pro Tempore Ginny Burdick, Rep. Brian Clem, Rep. Paul Evans, Rep. Jennifer Williamson, Governor’s Senior Policy Director Vice Porter, Portland Director of Government Relations Martha Pellegrino, Portland Director of International Relations Hector Miramontes, Travel Portland’s Billie Moser and Jeff Hammerly, Portland Development Commission Representatives, our honored sponsors and the many other VIP guests in attendance. Last but not least are our partners from Lan Su Chinese Garden for this celebration – Executive Director Jane DeMarco and Board President Kathy MacNaughton.
It gives us great pleasure to recognize the winners for the 2015 Leadership Awards:
(1) Business Leadership Award: Great Cheer (America), Inc.
(2) Education Leadership Awards: Hosford Middle School and Cascade Heights Public Charter School
(3) Cultural Leadership Award: Lan Su Chinese Garden
We would also like to congratulate our 2015 Newcombe Wang Memorial Scholarship Award winner: Ms. Kelly Huang.
Our most sincere appreciations to our sponsors, board directors, members and volunteers to make this all possible. A very big THANK YOU to everyone.
Following is a set of more than 90 pictures capturing the festivities of this enchanting evening.